Canback is led by an Executive Committee:
- Staffan Canback, Managing Director and Chair of the Executive Committee
- Jon Mayes, Vice President and Chair of the Marketing Committee
- Bobo Shen, Head of C-GIDD, Secretary of the Executive Committee
- Chris Pearce, Head of Europe and Research
- Arshad Abba, Head of South Africa and SSA
- Irina Blinova, Director of Operations
- Asif Chaudhary, Head of Client Development
- Ying Li, Chair of the Financial Committee
- Caleb Darsch, Head of European Consulting
- Nitya Rajgopal, Head of Operations Committee
Dr. Canback is the founder and managing director of Canback. He has been a management consultant for more than 30 years. His consulting work focuses on issues relevant to CEOs of large corporations. This includes corporate strategy, mergers and acquisitions, organizational performance, board / corporate leadership dynamics, and corporate finance.
Between 1984 and 1994, Dr. Canback was a management consultant at McKinsey & Company in Scandinavia, where he was elected partner in 1989. He worked primarily in the insurance and industrial manufacturing sectors. He was a partner at Monitor Company from 1994 till 2002 and served, among other duties, as global head of the financial services practice. He further consulted extensively in the telecom sector.
Dr. Canback received his doctorate from Henley Management College/Brunel University. His dissertation, “Bureaucratic Limits of Firm Size: Empirical Analysis Using Transaction Cost Economics,” received first prize in the European Doctoral Dissertation Competition in 2003. Dr. Canback also holds an MBA from Harvard Business School which he attended as a Fulbright scholar, and an MSc in Electrical Engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology where he graduated summa cum laude.
He is a regular contributor on TV and radio, and is featured in print articles around the world..
Jon is Vice President at EIU Canback and an expert in consumer-facing industries. He has extensive experience in strategic modelling and has led many market entry, M&A and growth projects at the firm. Recently, Jon’s client at a global insights team won an award for Best Competitive and Market Insight project based exclusively on work done by his team.
Before joining EIU Canback, Jon was a consultant with AlixPartners and Charles River Associates. Jon holds an MSc in Economics and a BSc in Mathematics from Carnegie Mellon university.