Canback is led by an Executive Committee:
- Staffan Canback, Managing Director
- Jesse Logan, Vice President and chair of the Marketing Committee
- Jon Mayes, Vice President and chair of the Operations Committee
- Chris Pearce, Head of Europe and Research
- Arshad Abba, Head of South Africa and SSA
- Irina Blinova, Director of Operations
- Asif Chaudhary, Head of Client Development
- Ying Li, Engagement Manager and chair of the Financial Committee
Dr. Canback is the founder and managing director of Canback. He has been a management consultant for more than 30 years. His consulting work focuses on issues relevant to CEOs of large corporations. This includes corporate strategy, mergers and acquisitions, organizational performance, board / corporate leadership dynamics, and corporate finance.
Between 1984 and 1994, Dr. Canback was a management consultant at McKinsey & Company in Scandinavia, where he was elected partner in 1989. He worked primarily in the insurance and industrial manufacturing sectors. He was a partner at Monitor Company from 1994 till 2002 and served, among other duties, as global head of the financial services practice. He further consulted extensively in the telecom sector.
Dr. Canback received his doctorate from Henley Management College/Brunel University. His dissertation, “Bureaucratic Limits of Firm Size: Empirical Analysis Using Transaction Cost Economics,” received first prize in the European Doctoral Dissertation Competition in 2003. Dr. Canback also holds an MBA from Harvard Business School which he attended as a Fulbright scholar, and an MSc in Electrical Engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology where he graduated summa cum laude.